Protection from Unwanted Communications
KNOWLEDGE EXPECTED OF: Both CFP® Professionals and QAFPTM Professionals
- Define coercive tied selling.1
- Identify that coercive tied selling is prohibited in all jurisdictions under various statutory acts.
- Define relationship pricing.
- Compare coercive tied selling and relationship pricing.
- Identify the role of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission.2
- Identify the consumer protection measures overseen by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission.
- Canada Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
- National Do Not Call List
- Identify the constraints for sending commercial electronic messages under the Canada Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).3
- Identify the sanctions that may be imposed for non-compliance of the Canada Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).4
- Identify the phone numbers that may be registered on the National Do Not Call List.5
- Identify the organizations which are exempt from the National Do Not Call List.6
Glossary of Verbs (mouse over to see definition)
To state exactly the meaning of
To be aware of / to recognize and correctly name / to locate an appropriate resource
To make clear the meaning of / to describe something in more detail or reveal relevant facts or ideas related to it
To note the similarities and differences between two or more things
To determine an approximate value for
To find the value using mathematics
To change from one form or purpose to another
To reach a conclusion or make a judgement through careful study
To give the meaning of / to construe or understand / to translate orally