CPP Disability Benefits
KNOWLEDGE EXPECTED OF: Both CFP® Professionals and QAFPTM Professionals
- Identify the current annual maximum CPP disability benefits payable to CPP contributing individuals and their dependent children.
- Disability Benefit
- Child(ren’s) Benefit
- Explain how each of the factors may impact the amount a CPP contributing individual will receive as a CPP Disability Benefit.1
- Fixed monthly benefit
- CPP contributor’s length and value of contribution history
- Concurrent receipt of a CPP Survivor’s Pension
- Explain the maximum payment that may be received by a CPP receiving individual from a CPP Disability Benefit when the CPP contributing individual is eligible for the CPP Survivor’s Pension.2
- Explain who receives the CPP Child(ren’s) Benefit.
- When the survivor is under 18
- When the Survivor is between age 18 and 25
- Explain the tax treatment of disability benefits received by a CPP contributing individual and their dependent children.
- CPP Disability
- CPP Child(ren’s) Benefit
- Explain how the Consumer Price Index impacts the benefits payable to a CPP contributing individual and their dependent children.
- Identify that QPP contributing individuals and their dependent children may be eligible for QPP disability benefits.
- Identify the tax treatment of QPP disability benefits.
Glossary of Verbs (mouse over to see definition)
To state exactly the meaning of
To be aware of / to recognize and correctly name / to locate an appropriate resource
To make clear the meaning of / to describe something in more detail or reveal relevant facts or ideas related to it
To note the similarities and differences between two or more things
To determine an approximate value for
To find the value using mathematics
To change from one form or purpose to another
To reach a conclusion or make a judgement through careful study
To give the meaning of / to construe or understand / to translate orally