CPP Post-Retirement Benefits
KNOWLEDGE EXPECTED OF: Both CFP® Professionals and QAFPTM Professionals
- Explain how each of the factors may impact the amount of a CPP Post-Retirement Benefit.1
- Age at which it is commenced
- Length of contributions
- Amount of contributions
- Evaluate how each of the factors may impact the amount of a CPP Post-Retirement Benefit.
- Identify the current annual maximum CPP Post-Retirement Benefit that may be earned.1
- Identify when the CPP Post-Retirement Benefit payable will commence.2
- Estimate the CPP Post-Retirement Benefit that may be earned in a year.3
- Explain the tax treatment of receiving CPP Post-Retirement Benefits.
- Explain how each of the factors may impact the decision of when to commence receiving the CPP Post-Retirement Benefit, such as:
- Income requirements
- Stability of income
- Life expectancy
- Tax impact
- Individual attitudes
- Evaluate how each of the factors may impact the decision of when to commence receiving the CPP Post-Retirement Benefit.
- Identify that eligible individuals will qualify for the QPP Retirement Pension Supplement.
Glossary of Verbs (mouse over to see definition)
To state exactly the meaning of
To be aware of / to recognize and correctly name / to locate an appropriate resource
To make clear the meaning of / to describe something in more detail or reveal relevant facts or ideas related to it
To note the similarities and differences between two or more things
To determine an approximate value for
To find the value using mathematics
To change from one form or purpose to another
To reach a conclusion or make a judgement through careful study
To give the meaning of / to construe or understand / to translate orally