Options upon the Death of a Locked-In Retirement Income Vehicle Annuitant
KNOWLEDGE EXPECTED OF: CFP® Professionals Only
- Estimate the tax impact resulting from of the death of a locked-in retirement income vehicle annuitant.
- Explain how each of the factors may impact the suitability of options for the capital property held within a locked-in retirement income vehicle at the death of the annuitant.
- Beneficiary designations
- Instructions contained in the deceased’s will
- Estate cash flow needs
- Estate planning opportunities
- Liquidity of assets
- Tax impact
- Evaluate how each of the factors may impact the suitability of options for the capital property held within a locked-in retirement income vehicle at the death of the annuitant.
Glossary of Verbs (mouse over to see definition)
To state exactly the meaning of
To be aware of / to recognize and correctly name / to locate an appropriate resource
To make clear the meaning of / to describe something in more detail or reveal relevant facts or ideas related to it
To note the similarities and differences between two or more things
To determine an approximate value for
To find the value using mathematics
To change from one form or purpose to another
To reach a conclusion or make a judgement through careful study
To give the meaning of / to construe or understand / to translate orally