United States Estate Tax
KNOWLEDGE EXPECTED OF: CFP® Professionals Only
- Define U.S. Situs Property.
- Identify that U.S estate tax may apply to any individual with U.S. Situs Property.
- Identify property that may be included in the valuation of worldwide estate for U.S. estate tax purposes.
- Identify property that may not be included in the valuation of worldwide estate for U.S. estate tax purposes.
- Estimate the value of an individual’s worldwide estate.
- Define the unified credit.
- Identify the current limit of the unified credit at which United States estate taxes are not payable.
- Identify the current limit of an individual’s worldwide estate at which United States estate taxes are not payable.
- Identify when United States Estate Tax may be payable.
- Value of United States estate
- Value of worldwide estate
- Explain when a non-resident may need to file an Estate Return in the United States.
Glossary of Verbs (mouse over to see definition)
To state exactly the meaning of
To be aware of / to recognize and correctly name / to locate an appropriate resource
To make clear the meaning of / to describe something in more detail or reveal relevant facts or ideas related to it
To note the similarities and differences between two or more things
To determine an approximate value for
To find the value using mathematics
To change from one form or purpose to another
To reach a conclusion or make a judgement through careful study
To give the meaning of / to construe or understand / to translate orally