Its mandate is to elevate professional financial planning practice.
FP CANADA INSTITUTEINTRODUCES “3H FINANCIAL PLANNING”
A focus on the holistic nature of people’s lives, and the ability to see clients’ needs through this holistic lens are at the heart of financial planning.
“3H Financial Planning” – Human, Holistic and Honest – underlies the Institute’s initial education programs and is the foundation of a new approach to education for the profession.
In addition to their technical knowledge, CFP® professionals and QAFP™ professionals need to develop strong behavioural and relationship skills so that they can communicate and connect effectively with their clients. This is increasingly essential in today’s environment as it rapidly changes thanks to technology and automation. Above all, financial planners must always act in their clients’ best interest. Professional financial planners will benefit from:
- understanding the factors that drive the decisions clients make
- learning how behavioural economics and consumer psychology influence financial decisions
Two new programs will develop new skills
To help planners and prospective planners develop 3H skills, the FP Canada Institute has established the Introduction to Professional Ethics course and the CFP Professional Education Program.
NEW PROGRAMS ENHANCE PRACTICE
Introduction to Professional Ethics
- develops an understanding of the ethical obligations owed by all professionals, and the specific application of these obligations to financial planning practice
- focuses on the distinction between integrity-based professional obligations and those that are compliance-based
CFP Professional Education Program
- teaches new skills to thrive in a world disrupted by technology
- principles of human behaviour
- communications, critical thinking, relationships and ethics
- demonstrates how to apply technical knowledge to the complex client engagements CFP professionals encounter in their practices