ADVANCING PROFESSIONAL FINANCIAL PLANNING
A high bar for certification
- have clearly defined, unique knowledge, skills and abilities requiring specialized study and higher learning
- obtain their certification through a rigorous process overseen by an independent professional body
- be accountable to high standards of practice and conduct
- commit to continuous professional development and to always putting clients’ interests ahead of their own
PROMOTING PROFESSIONAL FINANCIAL PLANNING TO CANADIANS
Consumers are at the core of FP Canada’s commitment to championing better financial wellness for all Canadians by advancing professional financial planning.
- Find a Planner Tool – to locate a professional financial planner in a specific area or verify a planner’s certification status
- Financial Planning for Canadians website – a stand-alone site with articles, videos, infographics and more
- Social media – news updates and timely information such as FP Canada’s COVID-19 resources
Consumer research provides insights on knowledge and behaviour
re: financial planning
The Discomfort Index survey asked Canadians to rank their level of comfort/discomfort when discussing money and identify who they’re willing to talk to about their finances.
FINANCIAL PLANNING WEEK
FP Canada’s 11th annual Financial Planning Week in November 2019 was a great success:
- Record high attendance, sponsorship and delegate satisfaction – over 93% plan to attend again
- CFP Professional Symposiums, Ethics Breakfasts in Toronto and Vancouver, and the Celebration of the Profession Reception and Dinner drew over 1,300 financial planners
This prestigious list honours CFP exam candidates with the highest scores across Canada.
June 2019 Exam
November 2019 Exam
2019 FP CANADA FELLOWS
FP CANADA FOUNDATION RESEARCH AND RESOURCES
The FP Canada Research Foundation™ is an independent registered charity that funds, promotes and disseminates financial planning research for the benefit of Canadians.
The Foundation funds two types of original research:
- Technical and behavioural studies that enhance the practice of financial planning delivered to Canadians
- Research that examines the impact of financial planning on society as a whole