Candidates who hold certain designations and licenses in good standing may apply for education exemptions from components of FP Canada™’s Core Curriculum and Advanced Curriculum requirements.
The following table provides education exemptions based on a review of the learning objectives and knowledge expectations for the licenses and designations outlined relative to the FP Canada Standards Council™ Competency Profile and Financial Planning Body of Knowledge.
Securities License (IIROC)
Mutual Funds License (MFDA)
Provincial Insurance License
|Insurance & Risk Management||None|
|Partial Curriculum4||Partial Curriculum5|
|Entire Curriculum||Entire Curriculum|
- 1 Subject to change based on changes to the education requirements leading to licensure and designations or changes made to FP Canada certification and education requirements.
- 2 Candidates may apply for an education exemption directly within the FP Canada Institute Professional Education Program Application or the QAFP Examination Application.
- 3 Exemption does not apply to PFA holders who completed the PFA Advanced Launch Program.
- 4 Holders of the PFP in good standing are exempt from Core Curriculum education requirements if they have successfully completed CSI's Lending, Retirement & Insurance Supplement (LRIS) course. See CSI’s Qualified Associate Financial Planner / QAFP Certification page for more details.
- 5 Holders of the PFP in good standing are exempt from Advanced Curriculum education requirements if they have successfully completed CSI’s Lending, Retirement & Insurance Supplement (LRIS) and Law, Estate & Tax Supplement (LETS) courses. See CSI’s Certified Financial Planner/CFP Certification page for more details.