CPP Post-Retirement Benefit Eligibility
KNOWLEDGE EXPECTED OF: Both CFP® Professionals and QAFPTM Professionals
- Define CPP Post-Retirement Benefit.1
- Explain eligibility criteria for the CPP Post-Retirement Benefit.2
- Identify that Social Security Agreements with other countries may impact eligibility for the CPP Post-Retirement Benefit.
- Identify that CPP Post-Retirement Benefits are not eligible for credit splitting or pension sharing.
- Identify that individuals who work or have worked in Quebec may be eligible for the QPP Retirement Pension Supplement.
Glossary of Verbs (mouse over to see definition)
To state exactly the meaning of
To be aware of / to recognize and correctly name / to locate an appropriate resource
To make clear the meaning of / to describe something in more detail or reveal relevant facts or ideas related to it
To note the similarities and differences between two or more things
To determine an approximate value for
To find the value using mathematics
To change from one form or purpose to another
To reach a conclusion or make a judgement through careful study
To give the meaning of / to construe or understand / to translate orally