Maintaining Your Certification
CFP® certification and QAFP™ certification must be renewed annually; by March 31 for CFP professionals and July 31 for QAFP™ professionals. Annual requirements to renew your FP Canada certification include:
- Adherence to the FP Canada Standards Council™ Standards of Professional Responsibility.
- Meeting your annual Continuing Education Requirements, including at least one credit in the Professional Responsibility category for QAFP professionals, and two credits
in this category for CFP professionals.
- Compliance with the QAFP Certification Policies or CFP Certification Policies,
- Compliance with certification marks use in accordance with the QAFP Marks Usage Guide or CFP Marks Usage Guide,
- Completion and approval of your certification renewal application and payment of your annual certification fee.
Select your certification below to learn more: