Introduction to Professional Ethics (IPE)
Offered by the FP Canada Institute™, the IPE course equips students with the requisite foundational knowledge of the ethical obligations owed by all professionals, and the specific application of these obligations to financial planning practice.
IPE teaches students the distinction between integrity-based professional obligations and compliance-based obligations, with emphasis on the financial services landscape. The course introduces the specific professional obligations of QAFP™ professionals and CFP® professionals, why they matter and what they mean in practical terms.
- $150 when purchased at the same time as a Professional Education Program
- $200 if purchased on its own
- IPE fees are non-refundable
Registration and Start Date:
- Registration is always open
- To register:
- Create an account on the FP Canada Portal and log in
- Complete the FP Canada Institute Education Application, available on the "My Applications " page
- Course starts immediately upon registration
Time to Complete
- Estimated two hours to complete
- Must be completed within six months
- Independent learning delivered online through the FP Canada Institute Learning Platform
- Students can progress through the course at their own pace, but must complete the end-of-course assessment within six months
- Students who do not successfully complete their IPE course within six months of registration and wish to reattempt it must re-register at the full course fee.
For more information on the IPE course, refer to the FP Canada Institute Student Handbook.