QAFP® Certification to CFP® Certification Bridge Program (Bridge Program)
Advance toward CFP certification with a customized professional education program that bridges the QAFP Professional Education Program and the CFP Professional Education Program gap, to develop a deep understanding of the integrated, holistic nature of financial planning practice.
Strengthen behavioural and relationship skills
- Earn the FP Canada Advanced Certificate in 3H Financial Planning™, recognizing expertise in planning that is Holistic, Human, and Honest
- Learn how to manage clients’ every day and complex needs by applying principles of human behaviour to real-world case scenarios
- Understand the many factors that drive client decisions
- Develop strong communication and engagement skills
The QAFP Certification to CFP Certification Bridge Program has seven units, each with a financial planning, human behaviour, and professional responsibility section:
- Value proposition
- Terms of engagement
- Recommendations and financial plan
- Implement recommendations
- Monitor and review
- You must meet the eligibility requirements to start the Bridge Program
Registration and Start Date
- Registration is always open
- To register:
- Create an account on the FP Canada Portal and log in
- Complete the FP Canada Institute Education Application, available on the “My Applications” page.
- Upload proof of completion of prerequisites to the application or email them to FP Canada (completion of IPE is automatically registered)
- Students can begin the program as soon as prerequisites are verified
Time to Complete
- The Bridge Program takes an estimated 35–55 hours to complete
- The program must be completed within six months of the course start date
- The program start date is defined as the date of the education application approval. A confirmation email is sent upon approval
- A three-month extension can be purchased if more time is required
- Delivered online through the FP Canada Institute Learning Platform
- Students progress through the program at their own pace while adhering to all assignments and the final assessment due dates
- Student support available through discussion forums and live, virtual, weekly office hours with a CFP professional
- Student performance is evaluated through four end-of-unit quizzes, three end-of-unit assignments, and a final assessment.
- A recommended schedule (see below) is provided to help students pace their progress. A grade of zero is given for any assignment or final assessment that is not submitted by six months from the student’s start date.
Suggested time to complete unit:
Suggested time to submit evaluation (by end of)
1: Value Proposition
2: Terms of Engagement
Case study assignment
Case study assignment
5: Recommendations and Financial Plan
Case study assignment
6: Implement Recommendations
7: Monitor and Review
To complete all elements of the program, the following technology is required:
- A computer with a sound card and speakers or headphones
- A high-speed internet connection
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel (macros enabled)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Students can access online learning using a tablet or mobile device. However, students must use a computer to complete each of the program assignments and the final assessment.
Mac Users: To ensure the assignments and final assessment display and functions correctly, students must install Acrobat Reader for Mac OS, then set Acrobat Reader as the default application for opening PDF documents.
- Students who do not successfully complete the Bridge Program and wish to reattempt it must re-enrol at the full program fee, subject to continuing to meet prerequisite education requirements
- 75% refund within 20 business days of program start date; however no refunds after any graded component is attempted
- No refunds 21 or more business days after the program start date
For all policies relating to the Bridge Program, refer to the FP Canada Institute Student Handbook.
For assistance with your continuing education registration or for questions about the course, contact our FP Canada Certificant and Student Services at email@example.com, 416-593-8587 or 1-800-305-9886. Our office is open from Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.